The air fryer is an effective assistant for housewives in the family kitchen. Since we have air fryers, we have spent so many chickens baking. How about you? Do you know how to make this delicious dish in an air fryer? And how long do you cook chicken wings in an air fryer? Let Barbecue show you the secret.
- How long does it take to cook chicken wings in the air fryer?
- Recipe of chicken wings in an air fryer
- Some notes to successfully bake chicken with an air fryer?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Words
- Best Large Capacity Air Fryers Review 2021
- Top 5 Choices 2021 of Air Fryer for Family of 4
- Review Philips Air Fryer 2021
How long does it take to cook chicken wings in the air fryer?
The total time is 40 minutes. With this recipe, the meat will be perfect.
The ideal time for cooking chicken wings in an air fryer is as follows:
- 200 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes in advance
- After 25 minutes, continue to cook at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes.
Besides ingredients, temperature and time are the two most important things in cooking. It determines whether your dish is a masterpiece or a failure.
Cooking chicken wings for too long in an air fryer causes them to dry out or even burn. This harms your health as well as tortures your taste buds.
If the cooking time is not enough, the meat will not cook inside. The taste is definitely bad too.
Recipe of chicken wings in an air fryer
1. Ingredients for preparing
- Main ingredients: Fresh chicken wings
- Extra ingredients: Pure honey, green onion, cilantro or whatever you like. Lime leaves, powdered sugar, pepper, soy sauce and salt are also essential.
2. Raw material cleaning
- Clean the chicken wings as well as remove any remaining hairs.
- Then use a little salt to rub on the meat.
- Rinse with water.
- Rinse the spices with water at least 3 times to be clean.
3. Process chicken and ingredients
Below is the way to marinate:
- Create a marinade mixture. It includes ingredients such as sugar, seasoning powder, soy sauce, pepper, honey, so on.
- Next, use a knife to slightly cut the chicken wings. This way makes the spice mixture penetrate into the meat.
- Put the chicken wings in a large bowl.
- Put the scallions, cilantro and lime leaves in the bowl with the chicken and stir well.
The time to marinate the chicken should be for about 20 to 30 minutes. After that, the chicken will evenly absorb into the spices.
4. Cook chicken wings with a fryer
Setting the time and temperature of roasting chicken is one of the most important steps. It helps to create a delicious grilled chicken with a nutty flavor.
- After the seasoning time is up, let’s put it in an oil-free fryer. You can use an extra layer of foil for easy cleaning afterward.
- Set the air fryer’s chicken cooking temperature up to 200 degrees Celsius for a period of 25 minutes. The correct baking time and temperature will result in deliciously cooked chicken.
- After that 25 minutes, you should turn the chicken over and brush more honey on it.
- Continue to adjust the temperature to 180 degrees Celsius
- Bake for another 15 minutes
4. Finished chicken wings
The skin color of the chicken is very beautiful golden. The spice permeates every fiber of the meat. It has crunchy outside skin and a mild sweetness from the honey. Meanwhile, the meat inside is soft and fragrant.
Finished chicken wings
Some notes to successfully bake chicken with an air fryer?
Limit washing meat with warm water or blanching in boiling water. This will make it difficult for the spice to get wet and penetrate deep inside.
Do not use too much honey to coat the chicken. Honey contains a lot of sugar. Sugar exposed to high temperatures will burn. This will cause the chicken to burn, losing the delicious taste of the dish.
Vanilla powder, cashew color or lemon juice are so good. They will make the color of the grilled chicken more beautiful and distinctive.
The above formula is for reference only. Fried chicken in the fryer has many recipes. What matters is what you like.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to buy fresh chicken wings?
To make this wonderful dish, you should choose to buy chicken wings with thick meat. It is more suitable for making grilled chicken. Natural light yellow chicken wings are delicious. Besides, it also needs to have firmness and elasticity.
2. Which chicken wings to stay away from?
Those are the parts with bruises, hematomas. You also avoid uneven color parts. You should not choose some with bad smell or the meat is soft and has no elasticity
The above topic helps you have an authentic recipe for cooking chicken. With a few “tricks”, you can cook many dishes for a small family. Don’t forget to share with your friends.
Read More: Air Fryer Chicken Wings